1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You can now insert a snapshot of your gang into a forum post! Read this thread for details.
    Dismiss Notice

A puzzlin quedtion about orks

Discussion in 'Da Stuff' started by Knuffe, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Knuffe

Knuffe Juve

Orks... do they grow hair, or even beards? I mean we are talking about super violent pacefaring fungi.

[​IMG]

They either are bald, or have this wierd leatherbound stud with "horse hair" stuck at the top of their head. I persume it is lodged somehow into the cranium. But is that perhaps their hair, I mean speedfreaks would probably love to have a full mane and feel the hair flutter madly in the wind.

Any thoughts?

2. Knuffe

Knuffe Juve

(Ps. I apologize for the bad spelling. My smartphone screen is broken.)

3. Matt Spencer

Map
    Hair squigs! :D

All orks are bald, but they often attach a small squig (which has a long tuft of hair) to their heads, which is the "horse hair" you describe. I think the squig feeds off the ork like a parasite, or something, hence why it is happy to be used in this way.

Ben_S and Knuffe like this.
  4. Knuffe

Knuffe Juve

Cool. Then beards and mushtashes are a option... sort off. What Is your scource?

5. Matt Spencer

Map
    I'm not really sure; I started playing 40K in 1996, and played a lot of Gorkamorka when it was first released, so I'm guessing it was some of the early rulebooks. A quick Google search for hair squigs has convinced me that I didn't make them up, but I'm not certain where I first heard about them.

Ben_S and Knuffe like this.
  6. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Ben_S, Ned Noodle and Knuffe like this.
  7. Ned Noodle

Ned Noodle Ganger
    Yak Comp 1st Place

Map
    I've never really give it a thought as to why some orks have hair, but I love this fluff behind it. In a crazy way it makes perfect sense and only makes me love orks more.

Flamekebab likes this.
  8. =Angel=

=Angel= New Member

There was a piece of fluff where orks were trying to market hair squigs to humies and couldn't figure out why we didn't want them, as our hair squigs clearly come in such a boring variety of dull browns and faded yellows.
    Ork hair squigs can be any colour and vibrant ones appeal to the Orks.

Flamekebab, Ned Noodle and Knuffe like this.
  9. Boltzmann

Boltzmann Ganger

I remember that I've read (in an old 2nd ed. 40k suplement) that orks are completly hairless, no hair, no eyebrows and no eyelashes.

Flamekebab likes this.