1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You can now insert a snapshot of your gang into a forum post! Read this thread for details.
    Dismiss Notice

GorkaMorka Autumn Bash III - On/Off campaign at Warhammer World

Discussion in 'Da Stuff' started by ineptmule, Nov 6, 2014.

1. ineptmule

ineptmule Gang Hero
    Yak Funder

Map
    Almost exactly two years ago, I went up to Warhammer World to take part in a GorkaMorka weekend organised by Flash Git from Da Waaagh! forum. A few other guys turned up and we had a great weekend. I think I played about 5 battles. While I was there, I got the phone call that resulted in my current (awesome) job, and I've been too busy since to attend the 3 or 4 events since.

Well, that all changed this Autumn. The new event was organised on the GorkaMorka Facebook group, and I booked the date in a few weeks early so I knew I would be free. This event was just one day, but I hadn't played GoMo since the first event so my ladz were well overdue for a scrap...

Suffice it to say that the day absolutely got me hooked on GorkaMorka again, and fortunately after showing my current (Necro-focused) gaming group the pictures, we're all talking about a GoMo campaign sometime in the next year.

-------

Some pre-battle pics of my ladz...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-------

Battle 1: We Woz 'Ere First vs. Da Loota Boyz

First turn, my trakk thrusts and swerves into the wreckage, immobilising it :( Most of the occupants leap off to run towards the enemy trukk.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My trukk with all my CC fighters turns on the inside of the enemy vehicles, preparing to set up some boarding actions next turn. Unfortunately it loses control and skids a bit further than intended.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Following the charges, my CC guys manage to dispatch the enemies pretty quickly, including their Cybork Nob (who no longer has a toughness value, and is damaged like a vehicle instead.) The enemies bottle next turn.

This game only lasted about three turns, but one guy died and two enemies were killed.

I got a massive underdog bonus, with everyone getting +7 XP and a huge +10 to income. I ended up making 13 teef.

-------

Battle 2: We Woz 'Ere First vs. Red Toof's Marauders (?)

These guys had the highest mob rating of the mobs here today. One of my boyz went to the Doc in the last post-battle sequence and his surgery got screwed up, so he was automatically taken out of action at the start of this game. He's one of my drivers, so my trak was basically irrelevant in this battle because it was unable to move and out of range.

The enemy Nob failed his stupidity test and wandered off his trukk and almost off the board. He stayed all the way over there for two turns...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Each side's trukks basically spent the battle circling around a pile of scrap, attempting to ram each other.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My trukk driver managed to complete an epic circuit around the scrap pile to complete a ram against the enemy trukk...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But ended up skidding further and simultaneous ramming it again and crashing into the wall. It ended up having its gas engines damaged and was effectively immobilised due to not being able to manoeuvre away.

My Nob and slaver attempt to get themselves out of danger from the other trukk running them over...
    [​IMG]

Red Toof the stupid Nob finally collects his wits and runs towards the battle.
    [​IMG]

My Nob charges the enemy slaver, who has T5 and 3 wounds...
    [​IMG]
    And he manages to strip all the wounds away, taking the tough sumbitch out of action!

My Nob, Slaver and a CC hardass finish off all the enemies left in their end of the board, and are left with a long old slog to the enemies skulking in the ruins with their scrap... They don't particularly fancy running into all that gunfire...
    [​IMG]

But the enemies bottle at last, leaving my mob convincingly victorious!

My only casualty was the guy with the bodged surgery. He was captured and exchanged with an enemy captive. I also managed to capture one of their vehicles. My trak suffered damage to the steering which now means my driver has to pass a leadership test AND a strength test when turning under thrusters... Uh oh.

With the vehicle ransom and underdog bonus I made a ridiculous amount of cash this game, a whopping 32 teef. I bought a new Trak, a spanner boy to keep it running, and a yoof to bolster my numbers.

My boyz continued to toughen up considerably. My nob gained 57 experience this battle due to achieving 7 wounding hits, his winning leader bonus, and his underdog XP. This bumped him up two brackets, which is extremely rare at 140+ XP!

Dibbla the CC looney (the Ork in my avatar actually) gained a 3rd attack which combined with his WAAAGH! skill means he rolls 6 attacks on the charge! This guy is now an absolute beast, hitting at S6 with his massive choppa...

-------

These battles were a heap of fun - and not just because I absolutely smashed the enemy. I used to play GoMo a lot up at University with @Shadowbadger and another friend, but I moved back to the opposite end of the country and it's been sadly missing from my life since then...

spafe likes this.
  2. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    A great write up mate! Is your list up here? (Assumin malo has ironed out kinks)

Im so gonna be checkin out te pics closer when not on my phone!

ineptmule likes this.
  3. ineptmule

ineptmule Gang Hero
    Yak Funder

Map
    I don't think the GoMo section is live yet... ?

If so, look out everyone - I'll be entering a whole lotta rosters!

Edit: and speaking of pics - I will try and take some nice glamour shots of the ladz and add them to the gallery.

spafe likes this.
  4. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    Last i checked you can enter mons, but was only morkers and gorkera, no odd mobs yet...

5. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Nice report, @ineptmule!

This bit rings true for me too:
    It's why tUGS has been fairly quiet of late. The tUGS team are scattered across the UK now :(

I'm wondering about the best way to post this report on tUGS. The pictures would need to be resized and possibly cropped - would that be okay with you?

I know it was just a typo but for some reason I really enjoy the notion of Morkers and Gorkera. Somewhere between Gork and Jokaero? Made me smile anyway!

6. ineptmule

ineptmule Gang Hero
    Yak Funder

Map
    On you go with the pictures mate, it'd be good to spread the word.

One thing that I find a bit tricky about the GoMo community is how dispersed it is across Facebook, Yaktribe, Waaagh and so on. Once the GoMo mob tracking feature is available here I'd have thought the best thing for (both) communities would be for GoMo to shift over here.

7. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Bonza!

Given how long The Waaagh's registration system was broken and then the extended downtime that subforum might as well just be an archive. The Facebook group is handy even if it's not my preferred medium - it's easily accessible and doesn't require further account registrations and so on. I wish one of us was an admin there though as for a while the group's admin disabled their account leaving it open to spam bots. I don't want the job but it'd be handy if there was more than one admin to prevent that happening again. I think that might allow for event creation too although I'm not sure how that stuff works.

8. ineptmule

ineptmule Gang Hero
    Yak Funder

Map
    While the GoMo tools aren't yet available, here's my mob roster:

Da Wizzladz (Morkers)

Mob Rating: 266

Teef Hoard/Stash: 0

------------------------
    Wizzgig (Nob)

232 experience

19 teef

M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 5 6 3 4 1 4 1 8

Good Right Arm; Chuck

Choppa
    Kustom Slugga:
    0-6 +1 / 6-12 -
    Str. 4 / Save Mod. -
    Dam 1 / Ammo 4+
    1 Sus. Fire Dice

Kills: ||
    ------------------------
    Grubnutz (Spanner)
    Gunner of Skidsmak

145 experience

6 teef

M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 4 4 3 4 2 2 1 7

Hipshoota

Knife
    ------------------------
    Grundo (Slaver)

72 experience

12 teef

M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 3 4 3 4 1 2 1 8

Flying Tackle; Tinkerer

Grabba Stik
    Whip
    Knife
    Six Shoota:
    0-6 +1 / 6-12 -
    Str. 3 / Save Mod. -
    Dam 1 / Ammo 4+
    1 Sus. Fire Dice; 1 turn to reload

Kills: |
    ------------------------
    Dibbla (Boy)

103 experience

10 teef

M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 3 3 4 4 1 2 3 7

Headlong Leap; Well 'Ard; Waaagh!

'Uge Choppa
    Whip
    Knife
    Kannon:
    0-4 - / 4-18 -1
    Str. 4 / Save Mod. -
    Dam 1 / Ammo 4+
    Knockback

------------------------
    Skrunt (Grot)

79 experience

6 teef

M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 2 4 3 3 1 2 1 5

Dodgy; Play Dead; Loota

Knife
    Kannon:
    0-4 - / 4-18 -1
    Str. 4 / Save Mod. -
    Dam 1 / Ammo 4+
    Knockback
    ------------------------
    Iggo (Grot)

70 experience

5 teef

M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 2 4 3 3 1 2 1 5

Blind in one eye (Right)

Knife
    Six Shoota:
    0-6 +1 / 6-12 -
    Str. 3 / Save Mod. -
    Dam 1 / Ammo 4+
    ------------------------
    Nibzig (Boy)
    Driver of Wizzkart

64 experience

6 teef

M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 2 2 3 4 2 4 1 7

Play Chicken; Emergency Stop; Skid Turn; Stunt Driver

Knife
    Frag Stikbomb:
    S3 = 8"
    Str. 3 / Save Mod. -1
    Dam 1 / Ammo Auto
    Blast
    ------------------------
    Grung (Spanner)
    Gunner of Wizzkart

124 experience

6 teef

M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 5 3 3 4 1 2 1 7

Gunboy

Knife
    ------------------------
    Skub (Boy)
    Driver of Skidsmak

75 experience

12 teef

M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 3 6 3 (9) 1 2 1 7

Cybork Body

Knife
    Kustom Frag:
    S3 = 8"
    Str. 4 / Save Mod. -
    Dam 1 / Ammo 4+
    Blast

------------------------
    Grint (Spanner)
    Gunner of Rumbla

64 experience

6 teef

M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 3 3 3 4 1 2 1 7

Knife
    ------------------------
    Bogg (Yoof)
    Driver of Rumbla

0 experience

4 teef

M WS BS S T W I A LD
    4 2 2 3 3 1 2 1 7

Knife
    Six Shoota:
    0-6 +1 / 6-12 -
    Str. 3 / Save Mod. -
    Dam 1 / Ammo 4+
    ------------------------
    Skidsmak (Trak)

19 teef

Driver: Skub
    Spanner: Grubnutz
    Gunner: Grubnutz

Steering Jams

Kustom Linked Shootas:
    0-12 +1 / 12-18 -
    Str. 4 / Save Mod. -
    Dam 1 / Ammo 4+
    1 Sus. Fire Dice
    ------------------------
    Wizzkart (Trukk)

31 teef

Driver: Nibzig
    Spanner: Grung
    Gunner: Grung

Kustom Scorcha:
    Template
    Str. 5 / Save Mod. -1
    Dam 1 / Ammo 4+
    Set on fire; always test for ammo
    ------------------------
    Rumbla (Trak)

19 teef

Driver: Bogg
    Spanner: Grint
    Gunner: Grint

Linked Shootas:
    0-12 +1 / 12-18 -
    Str. 3 / Save Mod. -
    Dam 1 / Ammo 4+
    1 Sus. Fire Dice​

9. ineptmule

ineptmule Gang Hero
    Yak Funder

Map
    Daaamn the formatting is all screwy. Sorry guys.