1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You can now insert a snapshot of your gang into a forum post! Read this thread for details.
    Dismiss Notice

GorkaMorka YakTribe site creation

Discussion in 'Da Stuff' started by Malo, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Gorkamunda

Gorkamunda Adeptus Ineptus
    Staff Member Gorkamorka Warboss Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

spafe likes this.
  2. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    It lives!!!! thanks fella

Edit: although I'm guessing the coding for injuries and weapons etc isnt done yet lol

#42 spafe, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  3. Gorkamunda

Yeah - just initial creation.

4. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    Yes I've only put in the basic Gorkers and Morkers for the moment to get the systems built. I'll be adding in all the other mob types and hirelings etc soon.

It certainly is. You're free to go to the Gorkamorka site and play with it.

It has weapons, equipment, injuries etc. just like Necromunda. The dropdown arrow is the same color as the bar which is why you can't see it, I haven't done the css for the site yet. Hover over it and you'll see it.

Gorkamunda, Flamekebab and spafe like this.
  5. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Sounds like I'd better get my skates on working on the Hired Guns module for Gorkamorka! :LOL:

6. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    I need graphics really, it's one main part I'm missing. I have lots of specific artwork for each of the Necromunda gangs but nothing for Gorkamorka. I'd like artwork or iconography for the vehicles as well.

YakTribe can have the artwork commissioned for each of the mob types but we're looking around $40 per graphic as an estimate.

7. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

I'm in the middle of a fairly painful VPS migration so the iconography is going to have to wait a little. I figured I'd pay Clayton in minis when I get my casting operation up and running as well as offering some small prizes for YakTribe competitions :)

Ah, what the hell, I took a break and put this together:
    [​IMG]

Malo likes this.
  8. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    Ouch. A VPS migration doesn't sound like much fun at all.

9. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Some elements have been much easier than I expected (MySQL databases) whereas others have caused me more trouble than I could imagine (Apache2/Nginx). I've never had trouble getting a webserver running but this time has been a nightmare. At some point I need to sort out POP3/IMAP and SMTP but that can wait until I've done some sculpting. Too much stress gives me mouth ulcers so I'm left with a reminder of my suffering. Thanks, body.

I was just trying to add a leg wound to Grimlug and found that there was nowhere to specify which leg. This needs to be tracked because when visiting the Dok there is only a 50:50 chance of the injured limb getting treated! :ROFLMAO:

10. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    Yeah all the various Dok and other parts of Mektown is going to be fun to implement.

spafe likes this.
  11. cole frehlen

cole frehlen New Member

Map
    I was going to make my first post an intro and probably some pics of stuff I was working on, but this seems like a good time to pop in. Depending on what you need, I *might* be able to help out. If you've got an example of the sort of style you're looking for and want to send me some details of what you need, I'll dig out my old gorkamorka books and see what I can do. I need some more work for my portfolio, which is here: https://www.behance.net/ChrisBruce

spafe likes this.
  12. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    I've no idea why, but I cant equip the boys with any weapons :s I click on 'edit' on the boy, then on the 'equipment' tab, then only button there is expand all, which does nothing if I click it, theres no pistol, or combat, or ranged etc titles :s

Edit:
    Also no skill advances appear. I can add to stats, and give them injuries but none of the skills are appearing in the drop down menu

13. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    Well that's weird. Can you convo me your password?

14. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

In adding a vehicle I just noted that the driver and gunner selection box were the same. I can't remember if that's a new change or not but either way they're separate posts and subject to pit fight rules.

15. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    Not sure why I combined them both, possibly due to them being from the same pool of boyz, whereas the spanner is a specific type of boy. I'm separating them as they will need to be for the battle system and targetting/damage.

Flamekebab likes this.
  16. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    Gunners are now separated from Drivers. What is the pit fight about?

17. Gorkamunda

If you want to swap gunners or drivers the new one will have to challenge the current one in a brutal and suitably orky fashion.

Flamekebab likes this.
  18. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Beat me to it, @Gorkamunda !

Unless the driver or gunner is unavailable for some reason (captured, old battle wound, recovering from the Doc, that kinda thing.

19. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    Started development again just so you all know I haven't given up, just had a couple months of acquisition hell at work.

Working on the vehicle editor today.

spafe and Gorkamunda like this.
  20. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

I'm snowed under at work. So many models to design, so little time until the print run.