Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Da Stuff' started by Malo, Jul 17, 2014.
I'm finally painting again. To bad it's walls.
I've managed to get some more work on the site done during last couple of days off. Vehicle editor has come far and finishing up the mekboy mods for vehicle, the rest is mostly in place and making sure I have the relevant tables constructed to handle the various components that modify a vehicle both permanently and during battle.
Advise if there's anything glaringly wrong in the way I've presented or applying the vehicles.
I've just tried it out and it seems to be behaving. Is "Mekboy Mods" for gubbinz or for kustom jobs?
For Kustom Jobs, I guess I should call it that instead. Vehicles are a new beast I have to handle with some complexity regarding the different ways they can be adjusted and being able to cater for that in the database and the code.
Sounds good. Is the system going to support custom gubbinz?
Yes I'll be making sure I provide customization for vehicles along with the usual fare compared to Necromunda tools. I know that will be fairly important.
What about Faster, Smarter, Eavier.... I'm catering to those three options for the kustom jobs. Is there anything out there that expands upon those?
Off the top of my head no, but some campaigns opt to change how they work slightly. Normally one can have one of each without compromising performance (and after that each additional job has drawbacks). On occasion people prefer to change that so that the drawbacks appear with the second kustom job (meaning only one can be had without negatives).
will diggas and muties be in the program?
In time, yes.
I've just tested the mob creater again - very cool! I've noticed a few things, disregard anything that has been mentioned before:
* The gang rating calculation is wrong. What it does now is divide everything by ten. But the only thing that should be divided by ten is the XP:
Cost of warriors, equipment and vehicles + (EXP/10).
* I don't think the Teef indicator is working right - it's changing, but I don't understand the logic behind it. It was 80, then I added a lot of stuff, and now it's 76. (Edit - now I've made a gang totalling 99 teef, and it's showing 71 teef).
* Weapons can't be added to vehicles. No biggie though, because you can add them to the gunner, but the most logical way to display it would be by vehicle.
* A spanner is needed for every 1 trukk/trak/buggy or every 3 bikes. I've just added 1 trukk and 1 bike in a mob with only one spanner. Could you make a "You need another spanner to purchase this vehicle"-message appear in those situations?
* Vehicles can have twin linked "basic" weapons (for example twin linked Shootas). You just basically purchase two identical gunz, and bolt them to your vehicle of choice. The profile for the new twin linked version is the same + 1 sustained fire dice. Should there be an option to show two guns as twin linked in the vehicle profile?
* Knives are free, shouldn't they come auto-equipped?
* Trying to delete a warrior results in 403 - forbidden. Killing him works, though.
* Speaking of warrior - the rulebook uses this as the term for members of a mob. Maybe change from "Boy(z)" to "warrior(s)" in the creator? @Flamekebab will probably know the right terminology to use.
That's it for now!
I'd suggest a generic term as it's different for most mobs. "Warrior" is probably easiest (and "mobster" seems a bit odd!).
Just an FYI in case you see weird shit on the Gorkamorka site as I'm working on the theme switching and the custom css theme for Gorkamorka whilst I also continue on the toolset.
Currently, I can't add skills or injuries, and grots appear to be starting with 0 exp instead of 20.
Morkers can't seem to equip warriors or vehicles. Everything works ok for Gorkers though.
Great work so far. = )
Oh, and when choosing armour there's a typo on Studded Armour, it says Studden.
(The joys of OCD!)
Right now, how much it's already done/ready? in % if possible, so we can have an idea of how much it's left
I would love to use that in the near future I've played a bit with the gang tool for necromunda and it's very usefull
Grot Rebels can't add vehicles, they don't have spanners.
Hey! I wanted to thank you for all this work so far! I am really happy about the diggas, muties and grots being added. BTW, I was trying to create a grot mob but the membrers of the gang aren´t spending my teef when hiring yet (weapons do)
I just wanted to let you know about that, sorry
You're not the only one to report that yet it seems to work for me.
I'll figure it out and thanks.
Just wanted to repeat that the grotz can't current get vehicles due to not having spanners, otherwise fantastic work as usual