1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You can now insert a snapshot of your gang into a forum post! Read this thread for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Grots in Ork Mobz

Discussion in 'Da Stuff' started by AndeeT, Dec 24, 2016.

1. AndeeT

AndeeT Juve

Does anyone use grots/gretchin in their Ork mobz? Are they just taking up space on vehicles, better off spending points and space on a yoof instead?

I feel like they might have been a bit more useful with an extra point of initiative? kind of makes sense that they'd be a bit faster than orks? I have read on various parts of the interwebs that they are good for picking up scrap but I don't see anything in the rules to suggest that. Is it more of a fluff thing in that that are only good for "fetchin"?

On a side note does anyone use Diggas in their Ork mobz? Digga Shaman with his 2D6 "scrap dance" seems tempting.

Flamekebab likes this.
  2. Ben_S

Ben_S Gang Hero

Map
    I don't think it's that they're any better at picking up scrap than an Ork, but they're cheap and expendable so you can use them for that while your Orks get stuck in to a fight.

AndeeT and Flamekebab like this.
  3. AndeeT

AndeeT Juve

Ah K, that makes sense, and kind of goes with the fluff. Thanks for the reply

Flamekebab likes this.
  4. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

I usually use Grots to provide a bit of fire support from a vehicle. Their WS may start at 2 but their BS doesn't. Give them a Shoota and the odds are reasonably good that they'll hit stuff.
    Nazgrab's Yella Deff has one but he was recruited too recently to be of much use so far.

AndeeT and Ben_S like this.
  5. Azzabat

Azzabat Gang Hero
    Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    I'm with @Ben_S in that I usually have 1 or 2 that I send off to get the riskier scrap, or to be target practice for my opponent. (While they're shooting a grot, they're not shooting an Ork.)

Flamekebab likes this.