1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Gorkamorka slim bases with resin

Discussion in 'Da Stuff' started by Thrakka, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Thrakka

Thrakka Juve

Map
    Well a month back I got the gorkamorka bug and have been buying all kinds of old stuff off of eBay the problem I've had is lack of bases for the stuff I've been getting.
    So as usual I went on ebay and found limited amount and the ones I found were expensive.
    So as the saying goes necessity breeds invention.
    It's easy to do and quick as the resin sets pretty fast I found some pound shop two part resin for, you guessed it £1...before that all I did was fill a lid with standard silicon about £1.50 a tube from a builders merchant. I then used a coffee jar lid and filled it with silicon smoothed it flat and poked the original gw base into the silicon and waited for the silicon to set. Be careful when removing the original base once set as the silicon may tear so take your time once out you have a mould that you can use as often as you need.
    [​IMG]

Ezaviel, Oddsox and Flamekebab like this.
  2. Oddsox

Oddsox Ganger

Map
    Fanastic idea mate! I would love a step by step guide with a few pictures?

3. Thrakka

Thrakka Juve

Map
    Yesh I'll sort that soon

4. Yeoman

Yeoman Ganger
    Yak Supporter

Map
    Are they heavy enough to hold the miniatures standing?

5. Thrakka

Thrakka Juve

Map
    They are pretty much the same weight so they will hold the miniture

Yeoman likes this.
  6. Ezaviel

Ezaviel Juve

Map
    That's an awesome idea. It drives me nuts that I have more Gorkamorka orks than I do bases (so many old metal models going around ebay with the wrong bases :( )