1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You can now insert a snapshot of your gang into a forum post! Read this thread for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Meet me in Da Kottun Klub

Discussion in 'Da Stuff' started by Areadbhair, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Areadbhair

Areadbhair New Member

Map
    A few months back, I played an NPC mob in a GorkaMorka campaign I was DM-ing so my two friends could play a three-way Da Chase Scenario. Unfortunately, both of them lost horribly in the fourth round and gained no scrap or teef. Since both of them had cheep-as-dirt weapons and were unwilling to take a hit to their Leadership, I told them that they took a loan from the Mafia instead. Later that night, I wondered why wouldn't there be loan sharks in GorkaMorka? and drafted a set of custom rules to go with it. Fast forward to today, both Mobs have had hits called on them, one got out of debt with double the amount of warriors and the other drives a veritable fortress of a Trukk in fear of random bounty hunters. With both mobs around the 3/4 point in the campaign, the tension in the recent scenarios in GLORIOUS! Whatever the case, here are the rules I drafted in case you're looking for a challenge, or want to try something new. Either way, I'd be grateful for whatever feedback you could give me.

#1 Areadbhair, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2016
    scavvyjay, hreikin and Flamekebab like this.
  2. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

That sounds amazing. Ork Sumboyz are a thing and we'd imagined one by the name of Abak Manyfingaz.

I'm going to finish up some sculpting and then take a look.

#2 Flamekebab, Nov 27, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    Areadbhair likes this.
  3. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Sorry about the slow response - I'm finding the document fairly heavy going. It doesn't help that I'm pushing myself pretty hard at the moment and my brain feels a bit like cotton wool.

The way it comes across to me is like an appendix for a DM, which makes sense of course, but there's something about the way it's densely packed together than makes it difficult for me to process it.

I'm a little confused about the setup here. The income table takes income and spits out the amount the mob gets to keep - if they don't earn anything they don't owe anything. Where does Leadership come into it..?

Essentially how do mobs get into debt?

4. Areadbhair

Areadbhair New Member

Map
    That's a mistake on my part. I've been reading the income chart wrong and got some bad advice concerning it. I'll go back and put some entry rules in and make everything a bit easier to read. When I'm done, I'll upload it in a new thread. See you later

Flamekebab likes this.
  5. Areadbhair

Areadbhair New Member

Map
    After a series of responses I received on my original post, I've realized three things. First and foremost, I suck at the internet apparently. Secondly, I formatted my PDF in a way that made it hard to read. Lastly, and most importantly, I misunderstood income rules to the point where no one could use the content I madeo_O. Long story short, I fixed at least most of these issues and the 2nd edition of these rules are here!
    So if you wondered why GorkaMorka didn't have loan sharks, this is the mod for you! Crippling Dett and gangsters galore await in Da Orki-a Dett Roolz!

#5 Areadbhair, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2016
    Flamekebab likes this.
  6. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

I've got a load of work to do first but with any luck I'll be able to take a break in a bit and have a read!

7. Those rules sound awesome!

Areadbhair and Flamekebab like this.