1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You can now insert a snapshot of your gang into a forum post! Read this thread for details.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mad Morkers Mekshop - Feedback Wanted

Discussion in 'Da Stuff' started by hreikin, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Knuffe

Knuffe Juve

As I see it,

Does it have wheels and a big flat area? I's half or more of it's space dedicated too carrying loot and or passangers. Does it resemble a buss, suv, van, a truck, a pick up or a stationwaaaagh'oon? then it' looks like a truck.

Does it have wheels and have half or less it's space dedicated to carrying loot and/or pasangers? does it have a spoiler? does it resemble a wv bug, beach or sand buggy? light rececon vehicle or a sports car? or anything smaller than a stationwaaag'hoon?
    Its probably a buggy then.

TakUnderhand and hreikin like this.
  2. hreikin

hreikin Gang Hero

Map
    Thanks for the feedback, i didnt manage to get much work done yesterday, hopefully today will be better. Karts were originally named buggies but i need to be able to build all the normal vehicles with these rules so i lumped them with trukks for now, thanks for the catch !

there are a few differences in what hardpoints/equipment/gubbinz they are allowed as well as cost and how they are treated for ramming, if i combine the 2 i might lose some of the variety

karts are essentially buggies with a few minor differences but because GW so wisely bundled them with trukks i have to do the same and find a suitable word to replace buggy - at the moment thats kart but im open to suggestions as kart makes it sound too small in my eyes

i definitely agree something needs to be done, i think i need to alter the costing of a few things at the very least, the idea of these rules is so you can build lots of variations of vehicle, it doesnt have to be cheap to do tho, for example a normal mob wanting 2 big guns would need 30-40 teef just for the vehicles so if someone wants to build a vehicle which can hold 2 big guns it should cost a similar price, maybe not exactly the same but close

I like it ! I had been wanting to do something extra concerning ramming with war rigs i just didnt know what :D

trukks to me are basically anything with small trailer on the back or a pick-up/flatbed kinda style like the regular ork trukk

TakUnderhand likes this.
  3. Knuffe

Knuffe Juve

I never considdered grotrebbels, sorely because of the land skiff sail things. I just dont like them. Grots are amusing, if only they had something else. But if the groots had something motorized? like gocarts. Oh Oh! This is a good one. Or something like the trolly pully tractor things like those lougage trains they use at the air port. Grot trollypullytractorstrains! in warhammer they have hanggliders fired from balista! Oh I feel a surge of inspired bad ideas.(aka good grot ideas)

Maybe I should think of a Rebel R&D themed band... :sneaky:

4. Kon-rad

Kon-rad Ganger

Map
    Good points. I think that with all the hardpoint/armor options you could have quite a bit of variety between vehicles with even with less base chassis types.
    An idea I had while looking pondering the bike/buggy/trukk trinity, would be to remove the words "bike" and "trukk/trakk/buggy" from the ramming rules and replace it with "lighter" and "heavier". If the vehicles are the same type, it's "bike-vs-bike/ trukk- vs-trukk". If they are different types it's "bike-vs-trukk". That might be a simpler way to differentiate between the types.

And just noticed, War-rigs can only thrust once! I see the reason, but seems to pigeonhole the rig into being a big-gun platform. How about making it so it can only turn once when making gas moves. And/or can't turn while thrusting?
    Another idea to balance the sheer killyness, might be to have it takes 2 Spannaz to field one? Bikes 3 per spanner Trikes/Karts/Buggies 2 per spanner?

5. hreikin

hreikin Gang Hero

Map
    Thanks for the suggestions @Kon-rad things are a little hectic at home right now so it could be a few days before i get a chance to work on it again

TakUnderhand likes this.
  6. TakUnderhand

TakUnderhand Gang Hero
    Yak Funder

Map
    Good work buddy!
    Makes me want to try GoMo!

Knuffe and hreikin like this.