1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You can now insert a snapshot of your gang into a forum post! Read this thread for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Which rules version would the Necro gangs use?

Discussion in 'Wargamers Lounge' started by Zenithfleet, Apr 20, 2017.

1. G'day all,

Just a bit of silliness... I'm new here, so apologies if it's been done before.

I was thinking about the differences between rules editions of Necromunda and found myself wondering: Which version of the rules (ORB, Underhive, LRB or NCE) would the different Necromunda gangs use?

For instance:

Cawdor would use ORB with no house rules because anything else is corrupt and heretical.

Van Saar would use the latest well-tuned version of the NCE.

Goliaths would use the ORB hardback edition from 1998 because it can be used as a club and they appreciate a good hard back.

Escher wouldn't use any of them, because they were all written by men.

...and so on. C'mon, I know youse guys can come up with funnier ones :)

2. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    Van Saar would also use Malo's great campaign and gang managers on here

Scavies would have their list written on a used napkin.

Goliaths would have a scawled list on a scrunched up piece of paper, written in crayon.

Orlocks would have brass etched lists, courtesy of their ample mining equipment lying around.

Cawdor would use the original GW roster sheets, although likely coffee stained/burnt slightly to give them that 'ye oldy worldy' sort of look.

that's all I've got for now, great idea though!

3. nooker

nooker Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian

Map
    At first I read this as another "which ruleset do you use" annoying thread (usually on show up on facebook, but there have been a bunch), but this is actually cool. I don't know how much I can contribute, but:

Cawdor wouldn't even touch the hardbound edition because there are changes.

Orlock being so middle of the road would etch whichever book was currently available into the brass.

Spyrers would have a gilt edged tome or else a data slate blessed by the Omnissiah.

Delaque would never tell you which edition they were using.

spafe likes this.
  4. I reckon Spyrers would go round Rick Priestley's house (and/or Andy Chambers' place) and threaten them with a visit from Daddy's personal thugs unless they wrote overpowered rules into the book.

Come to think of it, that probably happened.

spafe likes this.