1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WINNER ANNOUNCED! YakTribes First Competition

Discussion in 'Miniatures & Terrain' started by djmothra, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djmothra

djmothra Magister Competere
    Yak Supporter Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    WINNER ANNOUNCED!!

The Results are in!!!

In Third (3rd) place is:
    @Shinobi_8745 Pryce the Bounty Hunter

In Second (2nd) Place is:
    @Rusty101 Digga Scum

And the Winner of YakTribes first Competition is:
    @AndyT81 Ying and Yang Scummers

Thanks to everyone for taking part!

The build has to be brand new, not something you have half started already - the model itself can be an original, or an alternative, but it must represent the look you are going for.

Also, the comp will last one month - finishing 13th/14th june - with a few days to collect results - hopefully we'll have our first winner by mid June!

UPDATE 15th May 2014
    Please use this thread to post interest in joining the competition and what you are thinking about doing - Please use your OWN Blog in the Mini section for updates and WiP shots - so you can come back here to quickly see all the other entries.

YT's first comp criteria:

A WYSIWYG Hireling of some kind.

This can be from either of the 3 games.
    You must build and paint a regular Hired Gun/Sword from the rules - you decide the equipment taken and MUST ensure that the model shows this.
    You can use an existing figure - GW made quite a few - or somekind of alternative that clearly represents your new Hire.

#1 djmothra, May 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  2. RobStrachan

RobStrachan Gang Champion

Map
    Sorry for the pedantry but does the core rules include Outlanders?

3. djmothra

Map
    Yes, Outlanders is fine! It is the Fanatic and Homebrew stuff I'd like to keep away from this comp (we'll keep those for a future one)

4. djmothra

Map
    And community edition is fine (so, if you want a Ratskin with a Hunting Rife...go for it!)

5. Epicurus

Epicurus Juve

Map
    Sweet! I just picked up a ratskin scout. Perfect.

6. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    I think I may well try and get a bounty hunter done for this (the gw one with awesome hair!). However I will seriously need to be balancing my paint load...

7. RobStrachan

Map
    are conversions ok? scratch builds? Do the models have to be on original bases or can they be on plinths etc?

8. djmothra

Map
    Scratch Builds are fine, Conversions are encouraged! It doesn't have to be a regular base, so yeah, if you want to mount on a plinth, that's fine! (not sure how playable that will be though! :D )

9. Margorach

Margorach Gang Hero

Map
    hmmmm... already got a model.... so now i need to find a painter :p

10. RobStrachan

Map
    OK thanks, just testing the waters.

11. ntw3001

ntw3001 Gang Hero

Map
    Aw man I have so many kitbashed scummers, wyrds and pit slaves :p. Maybe it's time to get cracking on a bounty hunter? I'm not sure about the NCE, but certainly the ORB hunter would make WYSIWYG difficult!

12. djmothra

Map
    The Loadouts can be from ORB as well, I'm just giving people equal options to make something they would likely use in a game.

This is the equipment list from the NCE - Bounty Hunters are armed with the following: (not many changes, addition of Knife and Non-hotshot Lasgun & Hunting Rifle and the IR Goggles)
    • Knife
    • Bolt Pistol with Red-dot Laser Sight
    • Boltgun, Lasgun or Hunting Rifle
    • Chainsword
    • Shotgun (Solid, Scatter, and Manstopper Shells)
    • Respirator or Filter Plugs
    • Photo-visor or Photo-contact

Plus any one of the following:
    • Bio-Booster
    • Blindsnake pouch
    • Infra-red Goggles
    • Weapon Reload (for all weapons)
    • Mesh Armour
    • Any one Bionic

Good Luck!

13. Ashotninja

Ashotninja Juve

im in... any excuse for new projects...

14. BeardLegend

BeardLegend I can't grow a beard

Map
    Yeah, definitely in. I've got some Ratskins I've been meaning to paint.

It says "the build has to be brand new" ... so, is this for conversions, or a painting competition? I'm up for either, though it'll be a shame to hack into the Ratskins.

15. Epicurus

Epicurus Juve

Map
    Excellent question. That would influence which hireling I chose.

16. djmothra

Map
    The 'brand new' part means that you have to start work on the Mini from now - not something that you started previously (as that is an unfair advantage in the time allowed)
    Figures can be standard GW ones with no converstion (so long as they show all the equipment) or they can be complete conversions and/or scratch builds - it's up to you.

17. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

I may well be in, depending on whether I can find some inspiration. It'd be an original sculpt - suggestions?

It might be handy to compile a specific list of which hirelings are allowable though to make things simpler :)

Currently Gorkamorka only has special characters. Hirelings are on the tUGS roadmap (there's a preview of sorts in the Outlaw MC rules: Nomad MC members) but there's so many other things before that can happen :/

18. Epicurus

Epicurus Juve

Map
    I'm still a little confused about what the competition is about, exactly. Just to be explicit: Is this a painting competition?

19. nooker

nooker Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian

Map
    It would be cool if there were two first places. One for best paint job and one for best model. That way if one feels they can excel in one place, but not another, they'd still have a chance.

20. RobStrachan

Map
    Are painting and modelling two separate things? I have always felt that they are both parts of the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.