1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yakday 2017 Announcements

Discussion in 'Briefing Room' started by Malo, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    YakDay 2017

Yak day is actually happening! It will be over the weekend of the 9th and 10th of September. There are currently two major events organised in Peterborough, UK, and in London, UK. Please feel very welcome to come along if you live close to one of these, there is more information on these two threads...

London UK

Peterborough UK

When:
    September 9th and 10th

Also you can still take part in Yak Day wherever you are in the World! We have created a campaign with some great prizes that anyone can join. More information about this here...

2. Llewy

Llewy Gang Champion
    Yak Comp 1st Place

Map
    Here is the information about the campaign, you don't have to come to Peterborough or London to take part and there are some great prizes to be won! Thanks to @CaptainDangerous and @spafe who helped me put this together. Any questions about it please shout them out in this thread.

MEGA DOME ONE: A SONG OF DICE & SPYRE

CAMPAIGN BACKGROUND

The great yak herd is on the move!

Mega Dome One was a sleepy kinda town until the yaks turned up, other than the regular kind of trouble, most days were filled with gas toxification and sludge mulching!
    But along with the yaks came the Yakskins, an ancient tribe of native Necromundians, known throughout Ratskin lore as being an elusive nation of expert builders, painters and complete drunken loonatics!
    After many months of fighting, the townsfolk observed the behaviours of the tribe and sent a distress vox to the clan lords of hive city! They mentioned that other than a good drink, the Yakskins lead their yaks to areas abundant with fungus! Which was the biggest conflict between the two peoples!
    And so the Gangs arrived!
    Some in search of wealth, some in search of fame, some for the fight and some for the profit!
    Whatever their reasons, there is only so much fungus to go around, but the question is, who is strong enough to take it!

Whoever has the most spore caves at the end of the weekend will be given the title 'Dances with Yaks' and will be given imaginary headwear such as worn by the great Malo.

YAKDAY MISSION PARAMETERS

If you wish to compete in the Yakday campaign you need a new gang made to the below restrictions. Then let @Llewy know, and he will invite your gang to the campaign.

You must record the starting Gang rating in the Gang notes. After the weekend you must update the gang notes with the amount of games played and the end Gang rating (make sure you leave the starting gang rating in there too!).

Update! : You must discount any hired guns from your gang rating at both points. So if you spend 985 credits on your gang, have 200 xp and hire a ratskin scout, your rating will only be 1185, not 1260 for the extra 75 of the ratskin scout. This stops anyone (unscrupulous or unintentionally) throwing their rating with a flood of hired guns (I only thought of this on the way home yesterday because I was considering doing a large scavy gang with 2-3 HG, and the ensuring rating jumps). Spafe

The gangs

You must field a new gang to compete for most successful gang of yakday.

Gangs can start with up to 1200 creds to spend, but can choose to start with less to try and gain an underdog bonus (any money over the initial 1000 creds cannot be saved in the stash if unspent).

Gangs can buy d6 exp for 10 creds using the money from the extra optional 200 creds, but not out of the starting 1000 cred. A max of 10d6 worth of exp can be bought.

Most successful gang of yakday!

The glitz, the glamour, this is the reason these budding leaders are taking part in such a violent action!

After the weekend, all the gangs in the campaign will have the difference between their starting rating and their end rating taken and divided by the amount of games they played. The title of most successful gang will go to the gang with the greatest difference. There will also be braggin rights for the most successful gang of the north, south, and rest of the world (see participation below).

Whoever wins the overall campaign will be named mayor/king/overlord of yakday 2017 and given an imaginary hat decided/designed/imagined by the best hatter in town, Spafe!

But I can't make it to yak day because it is happening too far away!

We have you covered! If you want to participate all you have to do is create a gang in the above way, get in the campaign, then play games over the same weekend (find another player, family member, creepy guy off the street to play against), then record your games in the same way.

All players are encouraged to record games on this campaign thread afterwards, pics, battle reports, tabloid articles and short stories are all encouraged.

Finally, if you wish to just show up to Yakday and play some games/share some laughs, the campaign is not the only way to play, and players are free to just play pickup games or games from existing campaigns, however they are by default not eligible for the title of Most successful gang!

#2 Llewy, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Stubram, Ptrix, hpm60 and 3 others like this.
  3. Llewy

Llewy Gang Champion
    Yak Comp 1st Place

Map
    Necromunda-Starvation-Games-Poster.jpg

As part of the Yak Day London, I'm running a special Hunger Games themed scenario on Saturday 9th at 2pm. More info and a sign up sheet can be found here.

The Duke, Ptrix, hpm60 and 5 others like this.
  4. Alobar

Alobar Gang Hero
    Yak Supporter

Map
    Very cool. Well done chaps. I am in. London yakday prepare for @Alobar...

Stubram, spafe, Ptrix and 5 others like this.
  5. Llewy

Llewy Gang Champion
    Yak Comp 1st Place

Map
    IMG_6126.JPG

At Yak London @The Duke is running a Purge scenario on Sunday 10th at 2pm. The brilliant narrative background and a sign up sheet can be found here.

spafe, The Duke and CaptainDangerous like this.
  6. Llewy

Llewy Gang Champion
    Yak Comp 1st Place

Map
    Meanwhile, for the record, our Peterborough cousins, led by @CaptainDangerous are cooking up a cheeky offering too. Find out more about the Thundercube here!

The Duke and CaptainDangerous like this.
  7. CaptainDangerous

CaptainDangerous Gang Hero
    Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    Remember where you are - this is the Thundercube, and death is listening, and will take the first man that screams!

All peterborough attendees are invited to bring their champion pit slaves for a day of savoury, wholesome and bloody gladiatorial combat to commemorate the opening of the new arena!

Will your chosen warrior be king of the slag or a scum sucking sump shoveller?
    LET THE CUBE DECIDE!

Stubram, Stoof and The Duke like this.
  8. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    Myself and @The Castle will be playing Necromunda in the Yakday campaign on the 9th and we're going to live stream it as well! This weekend we'll be testing it out and see if we have enough to make it work. We're not exactly brimming with video equipment though so we'll see how it goes :) Excited to participate from across the pond!

Ben_S, The Duke, spafe and 6 others like this.
  9. RobStrachan

RobStrachan Gang Champion

Map
    I will be playing with a group of friends in Tokyo. Hopefully we can get in on this as well.

@ntw3001

Stubram, ntw3001, spafe and 4 others like this.
  10. Llewy

Llewy Gang Champion
    Yak Comp 1st Place

Map
    Fantastic news! Give me a heads up when/if you want ur gangs added to the campaign. :D

spafe and CaptainDangerous like this.
  11. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    Okay, I've taken the liberty of going through the gangs in the campaign @Llewy , Here's what I've got as actual ratings (taking off the hired guns):

Owner Gang name Starting Rating
    @Ned Noodle Molerats 1412
    @The Duke Pendulum Proeliators 1382
    @Luke82 The Sludgedock Saints 1487
    @radulykan Copperheads 1425
    @CaptainDangerous The Captain and crew of the ISS Crumpet 1409
    @Jlove Sump Dogs 1304
    @spafe Plague Doktors 1492
    @Llewy The Yakskin Thirteen 1451
    @Ptrix Tertia Oculus 1447
    @Stoof Sonja's Slicers 1432
    @Malo Malo's Tribe 1287
    @TopHat Quake 1426
    @Alobar Smirks 1185
    @Oliver The Syndicate II 961
    @Fold War Bastard's Hive Bastards 992

Anyone who doesnt think their rating is quite right, please let me know any changes and I'll update this. Also, anyone else who gets added to the campaign I'll update this record here.

#11 spafe, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2017
    Ben_S, The Duke, Ned Noodle and 3 others like this.
  12. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    haha yeah ignore that, I haven't finished them. I just wanted to get it started so I could send it to you folks. I'll finish the roster this weekend.

13. The Duke

The Duke Gang Hero
    Yak Comp 1st Place

Map
    Thanks @Llewy

So far the sign-up looks like this:

1. @Ptrix
    2. @Alobar

Ptrix, CaptainDangerous and Llewy like this.
  14. The Castle

The Castle Heavy
    Staff Member

Map
    guess i'd better put together a gang in the meantime, eh?

15. Excuse me, but what IS Yakday? I can't find any real information (probably not looking hard enough!)
    So far all I've identified is that it's a set of necromunda campaigns.

The Duke, spafe, Llewy and 1 other person like this.
  16. CaptainDangerous

Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    It is a great gathering of Yakmen taking place this weekend!
    If you would like more info, there are links in the first post of this thread.
    Get yourself a gang made on the Yaktribe gang editor and a willing opponent, and you too can join the call!
    :)

17. Thank you Captain! Looks like fun.
    Unfortuantely, not knowing about Necromunda till about two days ago, I only have some half made Enforcers from skitarii and Stormtroopers(or whatever GW call them know)., and no WILLING opponents (yet! I'll convince them...)
    Still thanks for the reply, maybe next year?

Stubram, Ben_S, spafe and 1 other person like this.
  18. CaptainDangerous

Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    There should be battle reports galore to read once the action is over, hope you can enjoy our efforts :)
    Your enforcers sound pretty cool! Hurry up and get your juve status so you can make a thread to show them off! ;):D

Tiny and spafe like this.
  19. Still a bit of work till they can be shown off, just keep looking!

Llewy and CaptainDangerous like this.
  20. The Castle

The Castle Heavy
    Staff Member

Map
    @spafe you can add Y.A.K. Securities to the campaign. that's the gang that's going to be beaten up by malo's stupid ratfaces.

Llewy, spafe, Malo and 1 other person like this.