1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GorkaMorka YakTribe site creation

Discussion in 'Da Stuff' started by Malo, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

I took it to the mek to get it made "smarter", fitted it with a reinforced ram and a big grabber. It also has an 'Eavy Shoota which has been upped to S6 and has the "Loadsa Ammo" gubbinz.

By the looks of things I need to wheel Nazgrab's Yella Deff's buggy into the shop too - it's due to be given a wrecking ball apparently!

2. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    Oops, that was supposed to be 100. Don't know where I got 500.

Flamekebab likes this.
  3. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Bling bling!

4. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    I'll try and reiterate. The current Necromunda site doesn't track credits, you just manually enter whatever your credits is supposed to be. When creating a gang, there's no counter from 1000 starting credits being reduced as you add gangers and equipment.

With the new Gorkamorka site, I'm implementing automated teef adjustment so you start off with 100 teef and when you add a boyz type or a vehicle, it removes the appropriate amount of teef from your total. Same with the equipment (though I'm currently working on that), it will take the cost off your teef when you buy equipment. And when you sell something, it will add half the cost back to your teef.

What I was referring to in my post was that if you're creating your mob and you decide to delete a yoof and add another, it won't refund back your amount. You'll have to adjust the teef manually for the cost of the one you removed, then when you add another it will reduce it accordingly.

5. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Hmm, ideally during initial setup it should automatically refund but I would imagine that'd be a great deal of additional hassle to code. Hmm, perhaps not, assuming a validator would check through the mob and refund unused teef (but only during initial setup).

6. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    Yes but that would require an "initial setup", where one doesn't currently exist. There's really no difference from creating a gang to any other post-battle changes which is why I never really had a gang/mob creation procedure where at the end you click "Finish". This is the perfect time to implement something like that though and I could then transpose that system back into the Necromunda tools as well. What do you guys think?

spafe and Flamekebab like this.
  7. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Wow.
    That's an amazingly positive way to look at it. If you want to make it happen you'll not find me complaining but don't feel you need to.

8. Gorkamunda

Gorkamunda Adeptus Ineptus
    Staff Member Gorkamorka Warboss Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

If you have the time - go for it!

9. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    I thrid that request, would be very useful rather than working out my gang on pen/paper then carefully entering it into the site when I've worked it out lol.

Only if you have time of course though :)

10. Mac

Mac Juve

I'm 100% in agreement with the consensus. Do it! Please!

Offtopic - @Flamekebab, is tUGS down? I can't access it from either my compoota or my fone. :(

11. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Yep, we're moving servers. With any luck it'll be back up today. I hoped it'd be up yesterday but Apache is playing silly buggers.

12. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    Litespeed ftw (y)

13. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    I've implemented the mob creation system with the details mentioned above. Have a look and comment if you like.

Gorkamunda likes this.
  14. Gorkamunda

Gorkamunda Adeptus Ineptus
    Staff Member Gorkamorka Warboss Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Works like a charm it does.

15. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Ooh!
    Let's have a look-see :sneaky:
    When adding vehicles they list in the opposite order to the warriors. New warriors go at the bottom but new vehicles end up at the top.

It'd be handy to have a way to choose whether the mob was new or not during setup. Oh and in theory one needs to be able to stipulate everything about a warrior up front as one can re-hire old warriors (see page 85 of Da Uvver Book for specifics). I can't remember if that's an option in Necromunda though :oops:.

16. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    I could add a flag on creation. Is quite simple to just click the finalize button as soon as you've created it though.

Can you translate eurotrash to queens English? I'm not sure what you mean by stipulating everything about a warrior up front. What does that have to do with re hiring? Yes you can do the same thing in Necromunda.

17. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

I think a long day fighting with server software may have melted my brain a tad!

I think I was trying to add a warrior and wishing I could easily input their stats without having to go through advances but that seems daft. Not a clue what I was on about, sorry!

I'm wondering whether Grimlug'z Ladz' roster is wrong or whether there's something odd going on with the advances calculator. I seem to be one advance short on Grimlug, two short on Rotgrim, and one too many on ZodZod. How odd.

Does the system have something in place to deal with Yoofs getting a free Toughness upgrade when they level into Boy status (and similarly the free +1 Ld leaders get after winning their first battle) ?

18. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Map
    You can edit a boyz stats easily without doing advances. Expand the stats section and use the +- to assist the stats however you like. You can also add skills without them being registered as an advance.

I haven't implemented those specific boyz stats changes yet.

19. Flamekebab

Flamekebab Gang Hero
    Gorkamorka Warboss

Ah, yes. Yep, I'm tripping balls this evening. It has been a long bloody day. Sorry about the confusion.

Just checking it wasn't just me being a moron again :confused:

Edit: I realised over night that Diggas are missing. As of Digganob Ork mobs can hire Diggas if they include a Slaver. Page 27 of Digganob - Digga Boyz, Digga Yoofs, and Digga Shamans.

Nazgrab's Yella Deff employs a Digga Shaman to mix things up :)

#39 Flamekebab, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  20. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    I assume this isnt open for everyone to play with yet?