1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(NCE) Outlanders Territory Charts

Discussion in 'Rules & Mechanics' started by Domino, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Domino

Domino Ganger

Map
    I have started reading through the NCE Outlanders and do not understand the change to the territory chart for Redemptionists.

The lack of Tunnels and Vents doesn’t make sense to me, as I believe that they would discover such things as they progress through the dark places, purging the unbelievers, heretics and unclean. Or does this make them overpowered?
    If so, why the extra four weapons cache results on the redemptionist table?

Likewise, I believe tunnels and vents should be an option for the denizens of the ‘Badlands’ as they live there and may stumble across such places as they forage for scraps. This could also include an outside chance of an Archeotech site too.

Would the inclusion of these territories make Outlanders unbalanced and too powerful?

I’m interested what others think on this.

2. spafe

spafe Executive Officer in charge of Hats
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    arch tech is for balance reasons... as outlanders do not wash their income... getting 2d6 x 10 averages them 70 creds a turn... thats huge!

the tunnels and vents... I just assumed it was because they were always moving their territories are them stopping off, taking handouts/stashes with them, then keeping going... you could imagine they got luck with stumbling across a tunnels or vents if they got ambushed and managed to sneak a load of groups behind the would be ambushers I guess... but equally I couldnt see a reason why you shouldnt house rule them in (yeah redemptionists like purging with fire... but a cawdor gang can still get tunnels and vents and heavy flamers down to hand flamers... so pure balance arguement I cant see)

Stoof likes this.
  3. p0dde

p0dde Gang Champion
    Yak Philanthropist

Map
    Tunnels and Vents are one of the perks of being a lawful gang. The balance between lawful/outlawed gangs is a complex one, but in my experience, outlawed gangs have a better economy in the long run. Also a scenario like The Caravan would be very easy to win with tunnels / vents. You only have to get one fighter across the battlefield to win. And it is the scenario with the potentially highest rewards for winning.

Ben_S likes this.
  4. Domino

Domino Ganger

Map
    I can see your point.
    I thought there was a restriction on using Vents & Tunnels in scenarios like Caravan, but on re-reading was unable to find them. With no restriction(s), I can see how it could break the balance.

Thanks for the responses.

Ben_S, p0dde and Stoof like this.
  5. Outlaw Elvis

Outlaw Elvis Ganger

wow never played that the caravan, just had a look, huge potential for income

6. p0dde

p0dde Gang Champion
    Yak Philanthropist

Map
    Yes, but if you want to introduce vents or tunnels to outlaws, if would be easy just to make a house rule on no special deployment in the caravan scenario. I think vents tunnels add a lot of fun to the games, so it is no bad idea.

Domino and spafe like this.
  7. Anthony

Anthony Community Edition Editor
    Necromunda Custodian

In the 2018 proposed rules Caravan won't allow special deployment rules. They'd still be very useful in scenarios like Scavengers though so you'd have to create a harsher outlaw variant. For example: Derelict Tunnels - 0 income - Roll a D6 for each fighter going through them, on a 1 he doesn't show up and must roll another D6, 1 = OOA. Main problem is there isn't any room on the Outlaw Territory Chart page to fit them so I think you'd have to come up with a bunch of new territories so you can spread the table over two pages like the normal Territory Chart. Probably find some ideas for which in here.

Malo, Domino and p0dde like this.
  8. Ben_S

Ben_S Hive Guilder

Map
    But what of Redemptionists, which was the OP's question? They'd have room.

spafe likes this.
  9. Anthony

Anthony Community Edition Editor
    Necromunda Custodian

Similar story really. Looks like the Vents, Tunnels, Water Still, Workshop and a bunch of flavour text were removed so it would fit on the page. I just checked and if all the fluff text is removed from the Wastes, Old Ruins, Slag and Holstead, then the Vents, Tunnels and Workshop will just about fit. Or alternatively, reinstate all the missing text and territories and add in some other ones like Scrofulous Wastes, Outpost, Guilder Contact, etc, so it will span over the two pages.

//edit
    Managed to sneak in a Scrofulous Wastes too.

#9 Anthony, Oct 11, 2017 at 11:36 AM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017 at 6:29 PM
    spafe likes this.
  10. Domino

Domino Ganger

Map
    I have downloaded the links provided by @Anthony and will discus the charts with @Stubram for when we convert to NCE.
    Most of what I've read so far looks good.