1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You can now insert a snapshot of your gang into a forum post! Read this thread for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Necromunda Necromunda Computer game announced

Discussion in 'Briefing Room' started by Kommissar Shriken, Jan 18, 2017.

1. #1 Kommissar Shriken, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2017
    dabbk, Malo, p0dde and 5 others like this.
  2. cardyfreak

cardyfreak Executive Officer in charge of Radishes
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian Yak Supporter

I hope this turns out good. I really, really hope it turns out good. I never played the Mordhiem game so don't know what the levels are like, but I hope this has the ability to build the terrain up yourself or have a level designer. That could be sweeeeeeet!

#2 cardyfreak, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  3. Oddsox

Oddsox Juve

Turn based tactical RPG maybe similar to XCOM? Ive only heard of the new FPS for Mordheim, was the RPG any good?

spafe likes this.
  4. Gregor Firedrake

Gregor Firedrake Gang Champion

mordheim was actually really good i masivly enjoyed it, really captured the feel of the table top game, im just not a fan of the setting. if they manage to pull the same of with this it will be amazing!

sebwiers and Oddsox like this.
  5. crimsonsun

crimsonsun Gang Champion
    Yak Supporter

Heads up, I told Rogue Factor to get in touch with the guys here as this is the place for reaching the Necromunda community. Be a while yet before anything really comes to light but I'm very excited about this!

krbkkr, Blood Donor, The Duke and 2 others like this.
  6. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

Well this just made my day/month/year!? What an awesome surprise! Fantastic news and can't wait to see it develop. It's going to be a long time till we see it released but the journey has begun and that's great.

We definitely have a lot of candidates for testing and feedback for them! Mordheim was in early-access for quite some time.

7. JimboDeany

JimboDeany Gang Hero

Yes, sadly Mordheim was in early access for a long time and apparently for no reason whatsoever as they ignored everything they were told....

BeardLegend likes this.
  8. BeardLegend

BeardLegend I can't grow a beard

I really want this to be good. I'm really hopeful but somewhat afraid.

I wasn't entirely happy with the result of Mordheim, though I think that the visuals and the setting were fantastic.

Cyanide charge extra for teams in BB2 that were not included with the base game. This seems like an arbitrary decision based on profit motive, alone. I hope that Rogue factor don't go down that road. Microtransactions in computer games really yank my chain for anything other than extra aesthetic additions; and the collectable nature of the gangs/warbands/teams in these games seem to make developers think that they can get away with it.

9. tribeof1

tribeof1 Gang Champion

Mordheim launched with four flavors of warband, and both warbands released since (Witchhunters and Undead) were paid DLC. No reason to expect different with this. In fact, I'd expect the game may even use the same engine as Mordheim, hopefully with a more intuitive cover system. Don't expect a direct translation of the tabletop game like Blood Bowl, and you won't be disappointed.

CaptainDangerous, Nordheim and Malo like this.
  10. BeardLegend

BeardLegend I can't grow a beard

I don't expect a direct translation. I expect that I will still be sad. Paid DLC for aspects of the base game would be a pain in the neck. It's well cheeky.

That aside, I just hope it's good. I'm not into Mordheim especially, so I expect I'll be buying Necromunda regardless of it's reviews.

Hell, I hope I can get into any testing that goes on.

Edit: An outlanders addition would probably be an acceptable paid add on, as it'd be a lot more work to do.

spafe likes this.
  11. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

If the mechanics are implemented well and it retains some the style of play I'll probably end up throwing wads of cash at them.

spafe likes this.
  12. greenbac

greenbac Ganger

we all know we will buy it! even if it turns out to be a re-branded version of snakes and ladders. with added skulls.

spafe, Malo and Gregor Firedrake like this.
  13. Anthony

Anthony Community Edition Editor
    Necromunda Custodian

Seems like the release could be on a similar time frame to SG's re-release, in which case I may just wait for the real thing. If only this was announced years ago I would have been all over it. Sounds neat anyway.

spafe likes this.
  14. Nordheim

Nordheim Juve

Vince, from Warhammer Weekly just destroyed thís news for me, haha.
    "Do you like Necromunda...? hype etc etc"
    So I was getting really excited, is it time for the new tabletop!?!? I need more plastic...!

So it was quite disapointed to find out that it was a PC-game, especially one done by the same guys that made mordheim.
    That game is quite bad, game mechanic wise, It's better than before, but still clumsy and hard to manouvre.

15. thestance

thestance New Member

Try not to get excited, try not to get excited. Come on I'm an adult.. I've been disappointed before....but what if its as good as I hope.... swoon.

spafe and CaptainDangerous like this.
  16. oGRE3

oGRE3 Ganger

let's hope it can be heavily MODdable -_-

Malo and Nordheim like this.
  17. Malo

Malo YakTribe Mechanicum
    Staff Member Yak Founder

What are you basing either timeframe on? Development on this digital version hasn't even begun yet.

18. Anthony

Anthony Community Edition Editor
    Necromunda Custodian

Oh it's just complete guesswork on my part.

Apparently Rogue Factor only posted up extra dev jobs for it this week which suggests they aren't far beyond concept stages. However, they have the Mordheim engine to build from which substantially reduces dev time, plus Mordheim was Early Access so I'm guessing we might see a Steam Early Access release late this year. For the tabletop version it seems Adeptus Titanicus is already almost in a releasable state so I'm guessing we might possibly see the Necro re-release early next year? Though that's assuming Necro is the next game SG are working on which hasn't been confirmed.

TakUnderhand and Malo like this.
  19. sump dweller

sump dweller Mr Fancy Pants
    Yak Supporter

Anyone else notice @thenickeninja 's terrain in the video that @Anthony 's 'extra dev jobs' link takes you to?