1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You can now insert a snapshot of your gang into a forum post! Read this thread for details.
    Dismiss Notice

Rules questions

Discussion in 'Da Stuff' started by Oddsox, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Oddsox

Oddsox Ganger

Map
    Two rules questions!

Q1: A mob has two vehicles, a truck and a trak. The truk has a harpoon gun with your gunner, Fang. You buy an 'eavy shoota for your trak and want Fang to use it. Can you swap Fang over to the new gun?

Note: This could be abused to avoid bar fights over gunner positions. Example being new gun is a twin linked blunderbus, swap gunner to that and then sell it. Loss is 1 toof and potential injuries avoided.

Q2: Your warrior is in close combat equipped with a spear and a choppa. Both warriors have equal initiative base. The combat roll is drawn, and so your warrior gets one hit due to the spear's initiative bonus. Can you now use the choppa to inflict that hit?

2. Ben_S

Ben_S Gang Hero

Map
    1. I'd say that you can assign Fang as the gunner for the 'eavy shoota if you wish, but that doing so doesn't mean he ceases to be the gunner for the harpoon gun - so I don't think this is open to abuse, unless I'm missing something.

2. Yes.

3. Oddsox

Oddsox Ganger

Map
    So you're saying that he would be the nominated gunner for BOTH guns? I was under the assumption that they could only be the gunner for one gun. And if they failed to man the gun somebody else could man the empty one and would then take over as the permanent gunner.

4. Ben_S

Ben_S Gang Hero

Map
    It's been a while since I played GoMo and I don't have my book to hand, being packed to move house, so I'm going on memory/guesswork here.

If the rules say that he can only be the gunner for one gun (or one vehicle), then I'd say that answers your question. But, if it's just an assumption, then I don't see it as one that needs to be made. I think the issue arises only if you assume that being allocated to a new gun automatically frees up the old gun.

5. Oddsox

Oddsox Ganger

Map
    The rules dont state that a warrior may only drive one vehicle or man one gun, however if they miss a game in that position somebody else may take over. So in effect you can only maintain one position.

6. Ben_S

Ben_S Gang Hero

Map
    I'm not sure that follows. If you miss a game, then someone else can muscle in, because you weren't there to stop them. That's not the same as saying you can only have one position at a time.

7. Oddsox

Oddsox Ganger

Map
    But this begs the question how does a warrior drive two different vehicles at the same time? Or man two guns fixed to two different vehicles? They can't it's impossible.

8. Ben_S

Ben_S Gang Hero

Map
    No, they can't. But no one else can either. That's why it would generally be inadvisable to allocate another gun to the same fighter, rather than it being a sneaky way to swap gunners.

9. Oddsox

Oddsox Ganger

Map
    Yup, I follow.. so in effect the gunner is the only one which can use either weapon. Nobody else touches it because they dont want a punch in the jaw.

Ben_S likes this.
  10. Ben_S

Ben_S Gang Hero

Map
    That would be my suggestion. There's nothing I'm aware of that stops you doing it, but assigning him a second gun doesn't mean swapping him, just that he has two guns.

Oddsox likes this.