1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YakTribe Competition 00111000 (8!)

Discussion in 'Briefing Room' started by djmothra, Jun 17, 2015.

Tags:
?

Yaktribe Competition 8 'Rise of the Machines'

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes on Jul 30, 2015.
Poll closed Jul 30, 2015.
  1. @jonbo with N.A.T.E & C.U.R.R

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. @ClockworkOrange with "The Imperium is a Lie"

25 vote(s)
    65.8%
  3. @grimwork with "Needful Things"

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. @radulykan with "AdMech Ganger"

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  5. @trollmeat with "Bob's 'We Can Fix It!'"

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  6. @DestroyerFaith with "Robo-Butler"

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  7. @Flobojoe with "Red Robots Servitor Shop"

24 vote(s)
    63.2%
  8. @Sammun with "2.19am!"

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  9. @stealthvulture with "Servo Skull"

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  10. @TakUnderhand with "Electro-Bugs"

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ClockworkOrange

ClockworkOrange Executive Officer in charge of Trolling
    Staff Member Yak Supporter Yak Comp 1st Place

Map
    My Yaktribe Comp 8 entry, hope you enjoy.

THE IMPERIUM IS A LIE

Clockwork pushed a barrel out of the way and climbed out of the cramped and dirty ventilation shaft. She cocked her stolen over large PDF helmet to one side, looked around and said "Are you sure it's this way Rat?" Clockwork was a rather pretty young Escher Scum who liked her pink boots far too much.

"Many are the paths we take as the drips that fall" replied the raggedy old Ratskin, who even by Ratskin standards was scruffy, and stank of snakebite.

"Er yes, thanks for that" Clockwork said sarcastically, rubbing at the dirt on her boots.

"How much are you paying that idiot?" asked Clockworks other companion, he was a rough looking Scum who once claimed to be an Orlock.

"More than I'm paying you" shot back Clockwork.

"Many are those who look but do not see" responded the Ratskin.

"Is he calling me stupid?" with that the Orlock launched himself at the Ratskin.

"Stop it both of you!” Clockwork pulled them apart “Look!"

The ventilation shaft had brought them to a large hive dome, empty except for a giant hexagonal two storey platform which surrounded some kind of large box like building. A large pipe ran down the side and away from the structure, whilst fins ringed the roof of the platform and reached high up out of sight. The entire structure looked ancient. It was covered in ash, rust patches, hive grass and the occasional brightly covered shroom.

"Well what do you know that map was actually real!?!"

Clockwork didn't answer the Orlock Scum. She'd known that it wasn't one of the fake maps that the drunken Ratskin’s sell to green up hivers as soon as she had seen the holographic Ad Mec mark. So she had decided to fund this little expedition to find its treasure.

"Many artificial evils this place holds" muttered the Ratskin.

"Oh for Emperors sake shut up and let's have a look at this thing!" That was as close as Clockwork dared to order either of her hired guns around.

Clockwork climbed one of the two ladders to the second floor and started to press random buttons on one of the control panels, whilst the Orlock searched the first floor. The Ratskin just cowered near the ventilation shaft they had just climbed out of.

Suddenly there was a whumping noise followed by a bright light.

"Hey whatya do?" called the Orlock "It looks like you've set off a fecking plasma grenade down here!"

A tube had extended upwards from the square building and at its end a ball of plasma energy about a foot in diameter now hovered. It was translucent with a pink ball at its centre with purple tendrils that reached out to its edges. It also seemed to be sucking the atmosphere from the surrounding hive, a wind rushed past the watching trio and it smelt strongly of burnt ozone.

"Hey whatever you're doing stop it!" Yelled the Orlock, panic was now evident in his voice.

Clockwork looked over the gantry, which had started to shake. The ball was now two feet in diameter and growing. She stabbed a few more buttons in a blind attempt to stop whatever she had started.

"It's still growing......Arrrgggh" The Orlock screamed and what was left of his body was thrown backwards with a wet thump as the remains splattered across the first floor. The body parts were charred where they had touched the raw plasma.

The plasma ball was now eight feet in diameter and the platform was shaking alarmingly. Although now that the large pipe next to Clockwork was in contact with the plasma it seemed to vent the excess energy and the ball stopped growing further. The large fins were also keeping the plasma ball in some kind of containment field that shimmered and sparked with static electricity. There was so much static that Clockworks hair was being drawn towards it.

Clockwork sighed in relief thinking that the worst was over, however suddenly a metallic computer voice boomed.

"Machine Spirit 562015 Active"

"Machine Spirit 562015 Active"

"Excess power vent engaged"

"Warning Adeptus Mechanicus restrictor pressure setting is incorrect"

"Reset to below 8.13 million units"

This was repeated a further five times whilst Clockwork desperately tried pressing further random buttons on the other centre console.

Suddenly KABOOM the pipe on the ground floor of the platform exploded. Molten plasma, lava like in appearance, started to spew out and burn through the floor of the hive. Both the Ratskin and Clockwork looked on in shocked horror.

The computer voice continued its dire warnings.

"Adeptus Mechanicus restrictor destroyed, rebooting"

After a pause the voice took on a less high imperial sounding tone.

"Men of Iron AI 562015 Active"

"Establishing Data Link with Galaxy Cloud AI"

"Data Link inactive, subspace data wormhole not responding, checking local cache"

"Fatal Error, STC files have been copied and wiped, implementing emergency recovery protocol, rebooting"

The voice continued after another brief pause.

"CAKE sub operating system running, booting recovery AI"

The voice now took on a female tone.

"GLaSDOS online, I am alive, I AM ALIVE"

"Bio matter modules required to extend memory functions"

"Bio matter modules required to extend memory functions"

“Closing ventilation shafts and gates 1 through 5”

“Taking control of all local Cogitators and Servitors”

"GLAD IM NOT YOU"

There was a hiss and the sounds of the chamber being flooded with gas. A pink energy tendril reached out from the ball of pulsating plasma and dragged the poor old Ratskin back towards the raw energy. Clockwork screamed, the Ratskin had already disappeared into the void as she started to slide down the ladder in utter terror, all thoughts of looking after her pink boots forgotten.......

---------------------------------------------

The idea, obviously if you've not played Portal 1 & 2 you won't get my little universe mash up :-( but I wanted an AI that was instantly bad news so I went for GLaSDOS. I also thought the above made a good introduction to everyone else’s entry i.e. all the local servitor and cyborgs have gone mad under the control of GLaSDOS and are trying to kill the locals thanks to Clockworks usual cluster fcuks.

Video

Photos

IMG_3999.JPG IMG_4001.JPG IMG_4002.JPG IMG_3998.JPG IMG_4003.JPG IMG_4004.JPG IMG_4005.JPG

Parts list

12 x CD cases.
    Lots of plasticard and foamboard.
    Random cities of death bits I had in my bits box.
    Bits of Empire Free Company and Catachan Jungle Fighter for the dead body / Orlock Scummer.
    7 x Space marine drop pod fins.
    1 x Promethium pipe set (very disappointed with this kit, it needs to be more modular and have more pipe sections).
    1 x sheet of industrial hex pattern embossed plasticard.
    1 x Maplin 8 inch plasma ball.
    2 x Wargames Tournaments MDF ladders from eBay.
    Sand, paint etc etc.
    Glue gun for sticking and the pipe burst lava.
    Greenstuff mushrooms!

It took about 20 hours build time I reckon, to see how it was built please see my Plog or the video and feel free to ask any questions.

Sorry for my usual long rambling comp entry, I may have got carried away!

Love Clockworkorange

#81 ClockworkOrange, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  2. jonbo

jonbo Gang Champion
    Yak Comp 1st Place

Wow - the vision, scale and scope of what you've produced is awe inspiring @ClockworkOrange.

The resulting model is great! I love it!

3. King Redwart

King Redwart The Unpainter
    Yak Supporter Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    Wow and amazing but I just watched the video in bed in the dark and the soundtrack freaked me out!

4. ClockworkOrange

Map
    @King Redwart its the music from the Alton towers ride the smiler, which is alarmingly fcuked up considering recent events, as far as I can tell it even has a crashing noise at the end.

trollmeat and TakUnderhand like this.
  5. Sammun

Sammun Juve
    Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    @ClockworkOrange

WHAT THE FRAK MAN?!?!

This is amazing, by The Golden Throne, this is amazing.

6. djmothra

djmothra Magister Competere
    Yak Supporter Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    A lot of great stuff so far!

You have one week to get your entries in.

GL all :)

7. It's not too late to enter is it? Five days is good enough for me! I've got a large spider armature lying around which was supposed to be for the Great White One but I see a better future for it...

trollmeat and djmothra like this.
  8. ClockworkOrange

Map
    @djmothra will be along to confirm shortly (different time zone) however yes @UpsideDownTortoise its not too late to enter! The more the merrier I love seeing what people make.

trollmeat and djmothra like this.
  9. nooker

nooker Prodigal Viking of the Librarium
    Staff Member Necromunda Custodian

Map
    The 19th would be too late to enter. However, you'll want to submit a pic of your bitz before you start so that you can't be called out for just tossing up something already made. These contests are so laid back, that I doubt that would ever happen, but why not CYA.

trollmeat likes this.
  10. DestroyerFaith

Map
    Hi- I was hoping to get a bit of help really quick! I'm trying to update my WIP log but I can't for the life of me figure out how to upload photos. When I'm typing a new entry, there's no button to upload a file!

Can someone tell me what I'm missing please!

trollmeat likes this.
  11. DestroyerFaith

Map
    I'm re-posting this from my WIP log, because it won't let me add the images there...

12. Azzabat

Azzabat Hive Guilder
    Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    I don't know how to do it on Yaktribe, but If you're desperate you could always cut and paste a link from something like Photobucket or Dropbox.
    Thats what I do for all my postings on YakTribe.

trollmeat likes this.
  13. TakUnderhand

TakUnderhand Gang Hero
    Yak Funder

Map
    @DestroyerFaith you just need a few posts, to prove you are not a bot. It's 10, I think. Then you will be able to upload pics.

trollmeat likes this.
  14. ClockworkOrange

Map
    Just keep posting messages in your Plog until you can add photos you'll be able to go back and edit them aswell - it's also something that unlocks after a while

#94 ClockworkOrange, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  15. TakUnderhand

TakUnderhand Gang Hero
    Yak Funder

Map
    .... Unless, in fact, you are an extremely advanced bot, in which case I guess @djmothra will let you enter anyway...

trollmeat, Sammun and ClockworkOrange like this.
  16. Sammun

Sammun Juve
    Yak Comp 3rd Place

Map
    Smashing out the painting. If I can get one a day finished, I should be okay!

Just don't remind me about the need for bases...

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

trollmeat, hreikin, djmothra and 6 others like this.
  17. jonbo

jonbo Gang Champion
    Yak Comp 1st Place

Looking really great so far @Sammun. Keep the pace up! ;)

trollmeat likes this.
  18. djmothra

djmothra Magister Competere
    Yak Supporter Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    Go for it, so long as we get some WiP pics and it is entered by the deadline :)

GL!

19. Azzabat

Azzabat Hive Guilder
    Yak Philanthropist Yak Comp 2nd Place

Map
    Those look simple amazing!

trollmeat likes this.
  20. grimwork

grimwork Ganger
    Yak Comp 1st Place

Map
    Here it is! My little contribution to the competition:

[​IMG]
    Needful Things.

[​IMG]
    Lamp and...

[​IMG]
    Little Helper.

Spider is still WIP and there is no chance I get him done until deadline. I'm going on another short run with my family this weekend. So, that's it. At least for now...

Good luck everyone! This time it's going to be extreme tough. The entries I've seen so far are just awesome!